Jharkhand CAMPA was notified in Oct, 2009 in pursuance of Honorable Supreme court order dt. 10th July, 2009 in WP(C) No. 202/1995 & in pursuance to Ministry of Environment & Forest directive vide its D.O. No. 5-1/2009-FC dt. 21 july, 2009 with the following aims & objectives.
- Conservation, protection, regeneration and management of existing natural forests;
- Conservation, protection and management of wildlife and its habitat within and outside protected areas including the consolidation of the protected areas;
- Compensatory afforestation;
- Environmental services, which include:-
- Provision of goods such as wood, non-timber forest products, fuel, fodder and water, and provision of services such as grazing, tourism, wildlife protection and life support;
- Regulating services such as climate regulation, disease control, flood moderation, detoxification, carbon sequestration and health of soils, air and water regimes;
- Non-material benefits obtained from ecosystems, spiritual, recreational, aesthetic, inspirational, educational and symbolic; and
- Supporting such other services necessary for the production of ecosystem services, biodiversity, nutrient cycling and primary production.
- Science, Research, Training and Capacity Building.
- Environment Protection and Sustainable Forest Management.
Download related documents from below:-
|Sl. No||Description of Downloads|
|1||Jharkhand CAMPA notification by State Govt.|